Claydon Straw Harrows create a micro tilth in the top 30mm of soil, using the retained moisture for fast, even weed germination. They rake out and destroy weeds at the cotyledon and one‐leaf stage, removing a food source for slugs. Straw Harrows break up slug nests and desiccate their eggs by mixing up and exposing damp chaff and straw to sunlight.
The robust Claydon Straw Harrows have been designed for fast action and maximum effect. At speeds of up to 25km/h, they shatter straw and break it up for faster decomposition. They can be used before or after cultivations to level soil and create a fine tilth.
- Change the working angle to suit field conditions to ensure optimum tilth is achieved
- Quickly ease off pressure in wet or green trashy areas to avoid blockages
- Unique Claydon ‘wrap around’ design means the tines have no pressure points to snap
- Claydon ‘wrap around’ design allows forwards speeds of up to 30kph
- Turn on the headlands with the tines down in work to avoid trash build up; they won’t snap!
- The ‘wrap around’ design allows the tines to vibrate and create optimum tilth
- Claydon Straw Harrows are built to last. Their frame is designed to handle very high working speeds
- Huge clearance created by 5 rows makes blockages unlikely
- 120 vibrating tines (on 7.5m model) engage the ground every 60mm ensuring the whole field is worked
- All Claydon Straw Harrows fold down to under 3m for road transport
- Lightboards and protection guards are fitted a standard