By mixing up and exposing damp chaff and lying straw to sunlight the Claydon Straw Harrow will dessicate slug eggs and reduce slug activities on the surface of the soil.
Passing over oil seed rape stubbles every two weeks will hoe out cotyledons which will reduce this food source for slugs.
The Straw Harrow can be used in conjunction with the Claydon TerraStar. The TerraStar is another stubble management tool which creates slightly more tilth at depths of up to 3cm, and is also able to operate when soil is harder and drier after harvest. For more details,
THE STRAW HARROW CONCEPT
- Change the working angle to suit field conditions to ensure optimum tilth is achieved
- Quickly ease off pressure in wet or green trashy areas to avoid blockages
- Unique Claydon ‘wrap around’ design means the tines have no pressure points to snap
- Claydon ‘wrap around’ design allows forwards speeds of up to 30kph
- Turn on the headlands with the tines down in work to avoid trash build up; they won’t snap!
- The ‘wrap around’ design allows the tines to vibrate and create optimum tilth
- Claydon Straw Harrows are built to last. Their frame is designed to handle very high working speeds
- Huge clearance created by 5 rows makes blockages unlikely
- 120 vibrating tines (on 7.5m model) engage the ground every 60mm ensuring the whole field is worked
- All Claydon Straw Harrows fold down to under 3m for road transport
- Lightboards and protection guards are fitted a standard