Design / Development Engineer
£40,000 Salary * Company Sick Pay * Private Healthcare Benefit * Pension * 30 days holiday
Are you a Design Engineer in need of a new challenge and would like to work in a local family-run company?
Do you have proven 3D CAD, Adobe Suite and agricultural experience within a manufacturing setting with the ability to create 3D models and technical drawings to a high standard?
This is your chance to be part of an innovative and dynamic company; Claydon Drills require a Development Engineer to join their growing team to support the increasing number of farmers moving to the Opti-Till system of crop establishment. Using the companies Opti-Till System, farmers are reducing their costs, achieving consistent yields and improving their soil health.
- Create all 3D models and technical drawings and ensure these are correct and to a high standard.
- Create all technical diagrams to be used for production and service.
- Liaison with the Production team.
- Creating decals for machines
- Modelling and drafting new designs.
- Creating and updating operator and parts manuals for current machine range.
- Running FEA simulations on new and existing parts.
- Assisting with creating sales and service documentation.
- Mentoring junior designers
- Ensure machines comply with The Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) and the EU Transport Regulations (Homologation) and are designed to ISO Standards.
Claydon Yield-o-Meter Ltd are regarded as being pioneers when it comes to direct drilling, a concept driven by the severe pressure farm incomes came under in 2000 due to low commodity prices. From this point on the focus has been on reducing crop establishment costs while increasing yields through improved soil health and reduced cultivation techniques, now referred to as the industry leading Claydon Opti-Till System.
The Claydon family have been farming in Wickhambrook for six generations during which time new products and techniques have been developed in real farming conditions allowing the company to amass best practices and experiences, invaluable information available to both current and prospective customers as collectively we drive to reduce establishment costs.
Proven on farms in over 30 countries worldwide, working on all types of soil and all conditions, Claydon Opti-Till is sustainable farming for the future. Visit our website to find out more – https://claydondrill.com/
If you are a focused and ambitious individual and would like join one of the fastest growing machinery manufacturers in the UK with the chance to earn a competitive wage (depending on experience) + private health care + company sick pay + 30 days holiday a year including bank holidays and Christmas shutdown, please send in a covering letter and your CV asap to avoid disappointment.