Permanent Vacancy to start Mid May 2021
Location – Wickhambrook
Hours 8.00am to 5.00pm
Salary (Depending on Experience)
Claydon Yield-o-Meter Ltd are regarded as being pioneers when it comes to direct drilling, a concept driven by the severe pressure farm incomes came under in 2000 due to low commodity prices. From this point on the focus has been on reducing crop establishment costs while increasing yields through improved soil health and reduced cultivation techniques, now referred to as the industry leading Claydon Opti-Till System.
The Claydon family have been farming in Wickhambrook for six generations during which time new products and techniques have been developed in real farming conditions allowing the company to amass best practices and experiences, invaluable information available to both current and prospect customers as collectively we drive to reduce establishment costs down.
Proven on farms in over 30 countries worldwide, working on all types of soil soils and all conditions, Claydon Opti-Till is sustainable farming for the future.
Despite being in the middle of a pandemic Claydon goes from strength to strength and continues to grow. Claydon has an exciting new opportunity for an Accounts Administrator to perform the following responsibilities:-
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Process purchase ledger invoices and customer sales invoices/commercial invoices/credit notes using the ERP system and Sage software.
• Credit control ensuring debtors are managed in accordance with company financial procedure.
• Collect data for and complete grant monitoring form (quarterly).
• Collate all delivery notes from stores.
• Marry delivery notes to supplier invoices.
• Process supplier invoices on the ERP system.
• Liaise with stores if processing issues arises.
• Chase and resolve any issues with all parties.
• Send processed invoices to the Financial Director for payment if not paid by DD.
• Email supplier remittances daily.
• File all paid invoices in accounts filing system.
• Reconcile supplier accounts monthly to ensure all invoices are paid.
• Liaise with suppliers if issues arise.
• Send customer statements monthly.
• Chase overdue invoices internally, then with customers.
• Collate receipts from Barclaycard holders and process the monthly statement.
• Support Spares in their busy periods answering calls.
• Cover for spares and production administration for holidays and sickness and during busy periods as requested by line manager.
• Assist with stocktake in November.
Health & Safety
• Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks, and to notify your line manager to enable remedial action to be taken.
• Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
• Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
• Participate in internal meetings, as and when requested.
• Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
• Undertake telephone liaison with relevant contacts.
• Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
• Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times
Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• Previous knowledge of accounts receivable and accounts payable
• Effective communication skills
• Working knowledge of SAGE accounting systems
• Ability to work independently and under pressure
• Ability to work closely with other team members to resolve customer issues
• Good organisational skills and able to work in an efficient and cost-effective manner
• Ability to apply good time management skills, as attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
• Work on own initiative
• Be proactive and reactive
• Deadline oriented
• Work focused
• Ability to problem solve
• Able to take ownership of a task through to completion
• Sense of urgency
Essential Personality Traits
• Common sense
• Ability to challenge
• Use own initiative and work as part of a team
• Sense of humour
• Good work ethic
• Good attendance levels
• Desire to learn
• Can do attitude
If you would like to be considered for this role please send in a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com by closing date of 30 April 2021.