UK TERRITORY MANAGER
Reports To: UK Sales Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40hpw, Monday-Friday, Permanent, Full time
Job Summary: The promotion of the company, within the designated geographic area, to achieve personal sales targets in accordance with the company’s strategic plan
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for delivering forecasted sales of Claydon Seed Drills and other associated machinery in line with the set KPI’s through established dealership networks & distributors. In the event that no dealerships have been appointed in that territory, contact your line manager to agree how the issue should be dealt with.
- Support and development of existing dealerships & distributors and regular monitoring to ensure agreed sales targets are met.
- The provision of training, as required, for new and established Claydon dealerships & distributors.
- The development, and expansion of, the Claydon dealership network & distributors in the UK Territory as defined above, in accordance with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Identify potential new dealers & distributors if the area requires coverage.
- Increase volumes, within the territory, in accordance with the company’s growth strategy.
- Plan regular meetings with dealer principles, sales directors/managers to monitor performance.
- Coordinate speculative farmer visits with dealer salesman so promoting Opti-Till® at various times throughout the year as agreed when setting out the yearly initiatives at the annual dealer meeting.
- Plan and co-ordinate demonstration circuits with existing dealerships. In the event that no dealerships have been appointed, contact your line manager to agree how the issue should be dealt with.
- Regular attendance of sales meetings, either on-site at Wickhambrook or via online/virtual media and provide updated reports on sales achieved, potential sales etc.
- Market intelligence and business strategy; to increase sales volumes and revenue generation in territory.
- The follow up and distribution to partners of all leads following attendance at trade shows, exhibitions, site visits etc.
- Monitor competitor activity and ensure regular updates are provided to your line manager and/or Commercial Director.
- Regularly planning and visiting Dealer Area Sales Managers (2-5 days per week) to follow up existing leads and to develop new prospect leads in the dealer network.
- Actively attending dealer sales meetings to develop the Claydon brand and introduce new products and concepts.
- Whilst in the field, you are responsible for taking photos and videos and actively promoting the business by means of social media and via the company’s website and marketing channels.
- Account management of direct customer, dealer or distributor.
After Sales Support
- Offer a full customer consultation either on the telephone and/or in-field.
- The provision of a full set up service for new machinery to new and/or existing customers.
- Maintain and build relationships with Dealer Parts and Service teams ensuring first class service is maintained to the dealers and end users.
- Manage and maintain up to date and accurate records using the company’s CRM system, Salesforce, and any other systems, as required.
- Follow up all leads on Salesforce Opportunities Pipeline and ensure the system is always up to date.
- Develop and maintain full knowledge of all company products.
- Develop and improve knowledge for all aspects relevant to our market sector.
- Feedback trends and potential changes in industry regulations and policies that may have an effect on our business.
Trade Shows/Exhibitions/Site Visits/Demonstrations
- Assist in the planning of shows and setting up shows as required.
- Attend all promotional events, as required, and network to identify new prospects.
- Hosting visitors, national and international, at the Claydon Farm site for crop tours, factory tours, presentations, Open Day and other promotional events etc.
- Conduct the relevant risk assessment for all Trade Shows/Exhibitions/Site Visits/Demonstrations and ensure the completed documents are sent to HR.
Health & Safety
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE), where required.
- Observance and compliance with the Lone Worker’s Policy.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- The provision of cover, when required, for members of the sales team.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal/external meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet personal and company sales targets.
- Proven Sales and Territory Management experience
- Evidence of management of brand growth
- Good understanding of soil and agronomy
- Time management and Territory Management skills
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural industry
- Ability to constantly update knowledge of agri-business requirements
- Able to contingency plan, problem solve and implement changes
- Graduate level
- Business understanding of the dealer environment
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Commercial Awareness
Claydon Yield-o-Meter Limited reserve the right to amend and change the Territory boundaries with written notice.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 23 July 2021.