STORES / WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE
Reports To: Stores Manager
Hours/Days/Status: 0800-1700 hours, 40 hpw, Monday-Friday, Permanent, Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for ensuring materials are stored correctly, picking and scanning works orders to assist the manufacturing areas achieve production targets.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Prepare and complete stores orders according to schedule.
- Receive and process stores stock products (pick, unload, label, store).
- Carry out stores inventory controls and ensure quality standards are maintained for audit purposes.
- Participate in the annual stock take.
- Safely operate and maintain stores vehicles and equipment.
- Fork lift truck driving.
- Report problems/potential problems to the Stores Manager.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the stores areas are maintained in a clean and tidy condition to ensure a safe and secure working environment.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times including compulsory usage of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Report any incidents, including near misses, to the Production Manager or Stores Manager and complete relevant supporting forms.
- Utilise training, skills and knowledge to recognise and assess potential risks throughout each day.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development, as required.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet production targets.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to carry out instructions
- Good work ethic
- Work as an individual but as part of a team.
- Able to multi-task
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com or call 01440 820327 Option 8.