PRODUCT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
Claydon Yield-o-Meter is a family-owned business based in Wickhambrook, Suffolk. Claydon are pioneers in the development of crop establishment using a unique strip drilling technique. The system has progressed into a complete crop establishment method branded Opti-Till® allowing farmers to reduce costs, save time, improve their soil health providing many environmental benefits without compromising yield.
Due to the continued growth of the company Claydon are seeking a Product Support Specialist to work in the After Sales Department supporting our dealers, distributors and our end customers. Reporting to the After Sales Manager the role requires a competent person ideally trained in the agricultural machinery sector. A good knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems would be key, coupled with the ability to work on your own, using your initiative to problem solve and analyse issues. The ability to report concisely and in a timely manner is an important requirement.
This exciting position will require the individual to be a good communicator, possess good computing skills and be well presented. It will require travel throughout the UK as well as internationally supporting the sales teams at exhibitions, demonstrations and field days. You will also provide feedback to the Production and the Research and Development departments to aid in product improvement and development.
The ideal candidate will bring established competencies to the role and will:
• Attend shows and exhibitions and support sales staff.
• Provide telephone support.
• Attend sites for both emergency faults and preventative maintenance.
• Need to diagnose root cause analysis of equipment faults.
• Create technical support manuals and service bulletins.
• Maintain productive working relationships with dealers, distributors, colleagues and clients alike.
• Produce comprehensive reports after service visits and periodically.
We welcome applications from individuals who can demonstrate these core competencies and possess a skill set aligned to our responsive service offering. You must:
• Possess a full and clean driving license.
• Have previous experience in a service technician-based role from the agricultural machinery sector.
• Have good knowledge of electric and hydraulic systems.
• Be experienced in writing maintenance and service reports.
• Have excellent trouble-shooting skills.
• Be flexible, organised and capable of working with minimal direction.
• Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be a true team player.
• Have good IT skills (MS Office pack).
Salary Depending on Experience
Excellent pension scheme
30 days holiday including bank holidays and factory shutdown
Company pool vehicle fitted with all tools required.
Parking on site
Personal protective equipment (including boots)
The reward of working for a family owned, private company where all employees are valued as key players.
The security of working for an innovative agricultural machinery manufacturer
If you are a team player and believe you have the necessary drive, ambition and enthusiasm to join a forward-thinking growing business then please send your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 July 2021.