HEALTH & SAFETY OFFICER
Reports To: Production Manager
Hours/Days/Status: Permanent, part time, 2 days per week from 8am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch (days to be agreed), based in Wickhambrook, FTE £25,000
- Instill health and safety culture in the work environment.
- Monitor work processes and procedures to identify unsafe practices or breach of safety regulations.
- Manage equipment inspection to ensure they are correctly installed and operational.
- Facilitate and schedule repairs of unsafe or damaged equipment.
- Organise safety training to educate company staff on necessary safety principles.
- Develop and implement safety, procedures, and policies for production operations.
- Carry out investigations to identify the root cause of an incident or other unsafe conditions on a work site.
- Oversee the placement and setup of safety signs to warn of potential hazard.
- Prepare and present to company management periodic report of safety operations.
- Provide recommendations on safety topics such as proper waste disposal, fire regulations, and noise.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify work areas with high risk of operational hazard.
- Review company operational processes to ensure they are in line with external safety legislations.
- Attend occupational safety and health seminars to update job knowledge and enhance their skills.
- Arrange the annual health surveillance with the occupational health provider
- Prepare reports and information for the Management Team and Directors.
- Undertake any other reasonable duty or task within your capability which the Company deems appropriate and suitable.
- Liaise with work colleagues, as required.
- Participate in internal meetings, as and when requested.
- Identify and meet personal job-related training and development as required.
- Undertake telephone liaison with relevant contacts.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific business support, as and when required.
- Strict adherence to the company’s health and safety policies and procedures at all times
Hours in excess of those contracted may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
- Proven experience as Safety Officer.
- In depth knowledge of legislation.
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices.
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety.
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Diligent with great attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics.
- Certificate in occupational health and safety.
Essential Personality Traits
- Common Sense
- Ability to challenge
- Use own initiative and work as part of a team
- Sense of humour
- Good work ethic
- Good attendance levels
- Desire to learn
- Can-do attitude
If you have 2+ years of experience in a similar role and would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 23 July 2021.