One of the most important factors in achieving effective crop establishment is ensuring thorough soil consolidation around the seeding zone.
Not only does a well-timed pass with a heavy set of Cambridge Rolls improve ‘soil to seed contact’, it also helps to retain moisture, reduce erosion, improve chemical spray contact and decrease slug activities.
Claydon Cambridge Rolls come in 6.3, 8.3 and 12.3m sizes and are easy to set up and manoeuvre. They allow farmers to roll effectively after strip seeding to ensure crops are given an uncompromised start.
- Carried out from tractor seat
- Three sets of spool valves to unfold
- Load transfer system delivers uniform consolidation across the whole working width
- Centre ram is left in float and the wing rams pressurised
- 600mm cast Cambridge and breaker rings
- Heavy duty axle with hydraulic brakes
- 520/50-17 flotation tyres to reduce wheel passes to a minimum
- Low centre of gravity and excellent visibility makes Claydon rolls safe and easy to manoeuvre between fields